Friday 4 September 2015

Amsterdam

This post is almost a week overdue, but better late than never, right?

Amsterdam has been an experience and a half. I loved every single minute. The canals, the little houses, the streets, the food, the people. I lost my heart to this city, and even now I'm home, pieces of my heart will always remain in Europe.








 
Yellow bike ride tour through the Dutch countryside. It was a highlight.
 



 



 
We took a day trip to Volendam, a small town outside Amsterdam.

 
I fell deeply in love with this mug, so I bought it and packed it in between a sweater in my suitcase. Now I drink my morning coffee out of it and feel homesick for a city that I don't belong to every morning.

 
I saw this little girl outside a museum my mom and I visited, and I don't even really know why, but I felt like I couldn't not take a picture of her. Isn't she beautiful?


 
My dad gave us his airport lounge card that he got because he flies a lot, and it was amazing and it said "By invitation only" SO I FELT SO IMPORTANT LIKE OH MY GOSH.
Because our flight was early in the morning, we had breakfast in the lounge and after that we looked through duty free and then boarded the plane.



Somehow traveling has the ability to form you and grow you into the most authentic version of yourself you are capable of being.
 
I am now a part of this world wiser and richer.
 
What a lovely, lovely thing to be able to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment